Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

August 01, 2005

One Skein Wonder is Done!

Alas, it's finished! What a great knit this project was. I can't believe how great it turned out! It feels great in the silk too :)

Here's the One Skein Wonder on the hanger (because I have no one to take a picture of it on me):


A back view:


And another back view:


And here's how the sleeve looks:


I like this shrug so much that I have 1 skein of Patons Katrina in a beige colour (called Oyster) that I'm going to use to make another one. I had realized that not everything will match with the OSW that I already made and then beige was the only neutral colour that I had in my stash. This pattern is addictive and it's weird because it has me looking through my yarn stash like a madwoman. And I'm just searching for single skeins of yarn that have at least 150 yards that I can use to make it. Too bad Manos del Uruguay only has 135 yards to it otherwise it would make one fine OSW. Off to search for more yarns in case there's enough to make a OSW...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this looks great! what size is it? did you block it? i'm making one for my friend now and i tried it on and it felt kind of tight. i hope it's not too small!

    good job! :)

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger craftygirl said…

    Thanks Jaime! I made it using the 17" shoulder to shoulder to measurement (and lemme tell ya that it was not easy measuring my own shoulders!). No blocking was required for this. It was ready to wear right after I weaved in all the ends :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home