Amazing Secret Pal and a Bikini Top!
My Secret Pal is so amazing because after I dropped my not-so-subtle hint about wanting the One Skein Wonder pattern sooooo badly, Secret Pal pulled through and got it for me! Thank you again, Secret Pal!!! I've got the lovely pattern now and I'm still waiting on the silk yarn. Since it's coming from the UK, I'll give it a bit more time than what was estimated.
In other news, I've FINALLY finished my bikini top! Phew, this one was a challenge getting the sizing right on it. But ultimitely, I'm really happy with how this turned out:

I've started on the bottoms today so let's hope that it goes more smoothly than the top did. So far, so good though.
And after much procrastination, I finally decided to piece together my Letter Have It bag. Here's a picture of it unfelted:
It was really quite large but I've since felted it and had to let it dry. The last thing to do is sew on the zipper. I dunno, it called for a 12" zipper and that's what I got, but the opening of the bag is NOT 12". More like 8". So now I might actually have to buy a shorter zipper for this to make it look decent. After this, I'll put together the cabled bag that I was making like a month ago. I've realized that I'm terrible at finishing projects though because I HATE, I repeat HATE, weaving in ends and doing all the finishing work involved in knitting. I will post a picture of the Letter Have It bag once I drag my feet to the couch to sit down and sew the zipper on!
In other news, I've FINALLY finished my bikini top! Phew, this one was a challenge getting the sizing right on it. But ultimitely, I'm really happy with how this turned out:

I've started on the bottoms today so let's hope that it goes more smoothly than the top did. So far, so good though.
And after much procrastination, I finally decided to piece together my Letter Have It bag. Here's a picture of it unfelted:

It was really quite large but I've since felted it and had to let it dry. The last thing to do is sew on the zipper. I dunno, it called for a 12" zipper and that's what I got, but the opening of the bag is NOT 12". More like 8". So now I might actually have to buy a shorter zipper for this to make it look decent. After this, I'll put together the cabled bag that I was making like a month ago. I've realized that I'm terrible at finishing projects though because I HATE, I repeat HATE, weaving in ends and doing all the finishing work involved in knitting. I will post a picture of the Letter Have It bag once I drag my feet to the couch to sit down and sew the zipper on!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home