Secret Pal strikes again!
And it was ALL good :) I went to post office today to pick up this large parcel that was filled with all sorts of goodies. I could barely contain my excitement and could barely wait the 5 minute drive to get home to check everything out. Anyways, here is a picture my goodies:

Blue Sky Alpaca sportweight yarn. They're actually more like magenta and not this purple. It's so soft....

And what goodies were in this box?

Bath & Bodyworks goodies! I love them so much!

My Secret Pal must be psychic because I'm nuts about Bath & Bodyworks and she knew just the right scents that I like so much. I have already been using Mango Mandarin Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap in my powder room. I love the scent so much and Pearberry is so nice too! And how did she know that I was looking to get a Skin Conditioning In-Shower Moisturizer in the travel size? No really, I was looking for it when I was in Michigan earlier this month! How freaky is that?
And this is my new Knitting Journal book. It's so cool. I wish I had this sooner so I could have documented my projects. But I will start documenting my projects in my new book :)

And look at what my Secret Pal got for my piggies, Miso and Cashew. It was so unexpected but so sweet that she remembered my little darlings!

This is the card from Secret Pal. Read the poem, it's so cute!

Thank you so much for the goodies, Secret Pal! She really outdid herself this time! I was just in awe of how much stuff there was and what great choices she made choosing everything out for me. I seriously love it all and didn't know what to expect at all in this package but WOW, she's a great gifter! Now I have to figure out what to make with the alpaca yarn. I'm thinking that it could make a gorgeous and super warm scarf. I think something in lace would really look wonderful but I'm going to do some research and find a pattern that's going to be just perfect for this lovely yarn. Thanks again, Secret Pal!
I took a picture of the Mystical Creation Yarns that I had ordered not too long ago for the Clapotis that I'm going to make eventually. I love the Hummingbird colourway that I chose so much. The colours are so vibrant and it just looks stunning!

Is it bad that I was happy that a LYS was shutting down? They had an amazing sale that I hit today. I know, I know, I broke my yarn diet :( I couldn't contain myself and my husband knew darn well I was going to the check the sale out. I got all this for about $43 CAD (with taxes):

Can you believe it? I managed to get 3 balls of Filtes Cashmere yarn, 1 skein of Naturally Merino & Fur, 1 skein of Butterfly Super 3, 1 skein of Manos del Uruguay, 1 ball of Naturally 10-ply, 1 ball Needful Yarns Elba, 1 ball of Lana Gatto Wool Gatto, 1 ball of Patons Classic Merino, 11 skeins of tapestry wool, and 4 patterns. What a steal that I got today! This stuff was waaaaaay more than 75% off and I could NOT say no to some of these deals. Especially the cashmere, it's the first cashmere yarn that I've ever purchased and boy is it ever soft. I'm also thinking that a lacy scarf would be great for this yarn.
2 Needful Yarns patterns:

2 Fiber Trends patterns:

And that's it for now! I think this post was long enough don't you?!?

Blue Sky Alpaca sportweight yarn. They're actually more like magenta and not this purple. It's so soft....

And what goodies were in this box?

Bath & Bodyworks goodies! I love them so much!

My Secret Pal must be psychic because I'm nuts about Bath & Bodyworks and she knew just the right scents that I like so much. I have already been using Mango Mandarin Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap in my powder room. I love the scent so much and Pearberry is so nice too! And how did she know that I was looking to get a Skin Conditioning In-Shower Moisturizer in the travel size? No really, I was looking for it when I was in Michigan earlier this month! How freaky is that?
And this is my new Knitting Journal book. It's so cool. I wish I had this sooner so I could have documented my projects. But I will start documenting my projects in my new book :)

And look at what my Secret Pal got for my piggies, Miso and Cashew. It was so unexpected but so sweet that she remembered my little darlings!

This is the card from Secret Pal. Read the poem, it's so cute!

Thank you so much for the goodies, Secret Pal! She really outdid herself this time! I was just in awe of how much stuff there was and what great choices she made choosing everything out for me. I seriously love it all and didn't know what to expect at all in this package but WOW, she's a great gifter! Now I have to figure out what to make with the alpaca yarn. I'm thinking that it could make a gorgeous and super warm scarf. I think something in lace would really look wonderful but I'm going to do some research and find a pattern that's going to be just perfect for this lovely yarn. Thanks again, Secret Pal!
I took a picture of the Mystical Creation Yarns that I had ordered not too long ago for the Clapotis that I'm going to make eventually. I love the Hummingbird colourway that I chose so much. The colours are so vibrant and it just looks stunning!

Is it bad that I was happy that a LYS was shutting down? They had an amazing sale that I hit today. I know, I know, I broke my yarn diet :( I couldn't contain myself and my husband knew darn well I was going to the check the sale out. I got all this for about $43 CAD (with taxes):

Can you believe it? I managed to get 3 balls of Filtes Cashmere yarn, 1 skein of Naturally Merino & Fur, 1 skein of Butterfly Super 3, 1 skein of Manos del Uruguay, 1 ball of Naturally 10-ply, 1 ball Needful Yarns Elba, 1 ball of Lana Gatto Wool Gatto, 1 ball of Patons Classic Merino, 11 skeins of tapestry wool, and 4 patterns. What a steal that I got today! This stuff was waaaaaay more than 75% off and I could NOT say no to some of these deals. Especially the cashmere, it's the first cashmere yarn that I've ever purchased and boy is it ever soft. I'm also thinking that a lacy scarf would be great for this yarn.
2 Needful Yarns patterns:

2 Fiber Trends patterns:

And that's it for now! I think this post was long enough don't you?!?


1 Comments:
At 10:57 AM,
katrina said…
OMG! What a haul! I think that it's *kind of* wrong to be happy when a LYS shuts down...but I'd to it too...I think that we all would. I'm totally jealous.
Post a Comment
<< Home