Silk is here, silk is here!
On Friday I received my silk yarn from Hip Knits. This stuff is gorgeous and oh-soooooo-soft! I immediately started knitting up the One Skein Wonder after ripping open the package with sheer excitement. One thing that went wrong with my yarn was that the description of the Bluebell colourway said that it was a blend of blue and purple. What I received certainly didn't look like what I was expecting. What I got was blue with some bits of white. I was quite disappointed so I emailed Trudie at Hip Knits. Boy is this girl fast and she got my problem solved immediately. Because I'm in Canada and they're in the UK, she didn't want me to incur more costs by having to ship back the yarn so she said I could keep it and pretty much offered me whatever other yarn I wanted on the website to make up for it. She even offered me cashmere sock yarn! I declined because 1, I'm still not so sure if knitting socks is quite "me" yet and 2, I'm not one to milk it just because I can. I wanted to be fair so I simply asked her to replace the yarn with more silk in the Scuffle colourway. I hope this one will be what I'm expecting.
Here's the Hip Knits silk yarn:

Here's a closeup of Bluebell (and you can totally tell that there's not one drop of purple in there):

And a closeup of Orchard:

Anyways, I'm just about done the One Skein Wonder already. I just need to do the ribbing on the body and then I'm done. I must say that it's been an easy knit and it looks gorgeous in the silk. I'll post a picture when I'm all done, which should be very shortly as I plan on finishing it today. Then I'll go back and focus on finishing up my bikini bottoms. Geez, all this time and effort into the bikini when all I did the other day was walk into La Vie En Rose and managed to snap up a bikini top and bottoms at $4.99 each. Quick, easy, and painless! But I suppose where's the joy and satisfaction in that when I can slave over my knitting?
Here's the Hip Knits silk yarn:

Here's a closeup of Bluebell (and you can totally tell that there's not one drop of purple in there):

And a closeup of Orchard:

Anyways, I'm just about done the One Skein Wonder already. I just need to do the ribbing on the body and then I'm done. I must say that it's been an easy knit and it looks gorgeous in the silk. I'll post a picture when I'm all done, which should be very shortly as I plan on finishing it today. Then I'll go back and focus on finishing up my bikini bottoms. Geez, all this time and effort into the bikini when all I did the other day was walk into La Vie En Rose and managed to snap up a bikini top and bottoms at $4.99 each. Quick, easy, and painless! But I suppose where's the joy and satisfaction in that when I can slave over my knitting?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home