Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

June 13, 2006

Hello? Did you Think I Disappeared?

Well I thought I disappeared! I've been ever so busy since my last post. I had this AGM for work in the beginning of May that I was completely dreading. I had to do software and Intranet training for a good day in total. Lemme tell you that I am not big on presentations/public speaking at all. Although, the big wigs seemed pretty impressed and happy with the whole thing. Things slowed down at work, but then picked up in my own personal life.

First my sister came for a visit. Then my hubby and I went to visit my sister and her hubby in Michigan for a week. It was really nice to have the time off and just relax. We did a heck of a lot of shopping, that's for sure. They had such great deals everywhere! Shopping in the States rocks! So after this week of shopping till I dropped, my sister came back with us cuz we had a wedding to go to. And she just left last Tuesday. My hubby, the lucky guy, is currently in Mexico for work. I know, poor guy eh? NOT! So now I'm all by my lonesome with my bratty cat. If it weren't for my cat, I'd go insane from boredom and loneliness.

I've been knitting a capelet that I found a pattern for from the Craftster forum and it's almost done. Except now that I'm close to completion, I think I need 1 more ball of yarn. I'm knitting it in Mission Falls 1824 cotton so at least it's cheaper yarn. It's white and it's a pretty quick knit...I'd finish it faster if I actually had the time. So I think I'll pop by Ruti's Needlebed to get another ball of the yarn on Saturday. But first, I have to get my car tinted on Saturday morning, woohoo! I'm dying from the heat and lack of privacy in my car so I can't wait.

Something else that I've gotten into since my trip to Michigan is making greeting cards. My sister got me hooked. There are so many cool tools and such gorgeous papers out there. I was just wowed by all of it and I'm starting to pick up some of the tools that I need to make lovely cards. Gosh, I'm going to be broke with the knitting and card making. At this rate, I'll never be able to afford kids, lol! I took pictures of a couple of cards that I designed and made so I will try to post those sometime, as they are really cool. Off to catch some zzzz's now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home