Knitty SP6 Goodies!
I got a nice surprise in the mail from the Knitty Secret Pal along with a nice birthday card! When the package first came, it felt like there was a book inside...upon opening up the package, it was a box of dry cake mix! And dry frosting mix too...all just for me to make a birthday cake! I thought that was so thoughtful and awesome of my pal to put that together for me. Well since it was for my birthday, I also got a cute Mickey and Pluto birthday card. Then I got 2 beautiful skeins of Koigu Kerstie! Amazing yarn that I never let myself buy before, but am more than happy to try out on a future project. And because I don't know how to crochet, a Crochet Made Easy beginner booklet with some patterns and a crochet hook were also included in my bag of goodies. Oh and a tape measure too! Without further delay, here's a pic of the goodies:

And here's the pretty Koigu Kerstie yarn:

So thank you very much Secret Pal! It was a great package to get in the mail!
So in other weight gaining news, over the holidays I gained 10 pounds. Yuck, I thought it was just from the holidays and it ended up staying...thanks a lot! After much contemplation and having lowered self-esteem, my husband and I decided to join a local gym together to lose some weight together. We joined on Valentine's Day actually...after a huge dinner, lol. Anyways, I've been really good and have been going to the gym about 3 times a week. I mainly love the classes but may tackle some machines and weights later. So because of the classes, some of them could require a yoga/pilates mat so I decided that I had to make a yoga mat bag and here it is:

And there's even a pocket big enough to fit a magazine. Check it out:

I'm really proud of this bag because it's pretty cool and it serves its purpose. Plus nobody else will ever have the same bag as mine :P
Oh, my car update - the time is getting near so I've confirmed with the dealership that I'm going to pick up the car on April 5th. Woohoo, 4 more weeks! Apparently the car's been sitting at the dealership since end of January. My best friend has to teach me to drive standard first before I can pick it up so those lessons should happen probably in 2 weeks...if that flops, I'm just gonna pay for a lesson or two.
Alright, that's about all that's new on my side of the world...I leave you with a picture of my bratty cat, Leila, chillin' on the computer chair:

And here's the pretty Koigu Kerstie yarn:

So thank you very much Secret Pal! It was a great package to get in the mail!
So in other weight gaining news, over the holidays I gained 10 pounds. Yuck, I thought it was just from the holidays and it ended up staying...thanks a lot! After much contemplation and having lowered self-esteem, my husband and I decided to join a local gym together to lose some weight together. We joined on Valentine's Day actually...after a huge dinner, lol. Anyways, I've been really good and have been going to the gym about 3 times a week. I mainly love the classes but may tackle some machines and weights later. So because of the classes, some of them could require a yoga/pilates mat so I decided that I had to make a yoga mat bag and here it is:

And there's even a pocket big enough to fit a magazine. Check it out:

I'm really proud of this bag because it's pretty cool and it serves its purpose. Plus nobody else will ever have the same bag as mine :P
Oh, my car update - the time is getting near so I've confirmed with the dealership that I'm going to pick up the car on April 5th. Woohoo, 4 more weeks! Apparently the car's been sitting at the dealership since end of January. My best friend has to teach me to drive standard first before I can pick it up so those lessons should happen probably in 2 weeks...if that flops, I'm just gonna pay for a lesson or two.
Alright, that's about all that's new on my side of the world...I leave you with a picture of my bratty cat, Leila, chillin' on the computer chair:


1 Comments:
At 10:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you liked it. I couldn't really come up with a better way to send birthday cake in the mail. I thought about mailing myself a cupcake just to see what would happen but I haven't had time to bake.
Enjoy and be watching the mail again soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home