Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

October 31, 2005

Excuses, excuses!

I know that I'm just full of excuses but I haven't posted much lately because my sister is visiting from Michigan and we're busy preparing for her wedding reception, which is this Saturday. On top of that, my poor guinea pig, Miso, has gotten very sick this past weekend. We noticed some weight loss, which is highly unusual for a guinea pig as they like to munch on food a lot. So we noticed that Miso was a bit weak too and that he hadn't been eating his food. We promptly took Miso to the vet on Saturday morning for a checkup and to see what might be wrong. Looked like a case of a cold so we were instructed to force feed Miso using a syringe 4 times a day. Miso had to go back to the vet this morning and had lost even more weight. So Miso got 2 shots and now is on antibiotics to fight pneumonia. We also found out that Miso's a boy and not a girl! So anyways, it seems like Miso's steady right now and we need to remain diligent in the feedings to make sure that he's gaining some weight. I'll give an update soon.

I received a package from my Secret Pal a couple of weeks ago and haven't had the time to post as a result of the above. But without further ado, here's a pic of the goodies:

This lovely package contains some white mystery yarn, Rowan Cotton Chenille, English Lavender bath seeds, massage oil, soap, and a candle. The lavender bath seeds made the package smell oh-so-yummy. I love it! I have to find time to take a long bath using them. The yarn is intended to make a bath mitt, which I swear I'll get to sometime, hopefully before Christmas as I'd love to have a lovely bath mitt to use. So thank you very much Secret Pal! I love the goodies, especially when they smell so nice!

On October 18th, my sister celebrated her birthday. To celebrate, I took her out to Canyon Creek for some kick butt food. They have some of the best steak I've ever tasted. Here's a pic of my sister with the sweater I bought for her from Smart Set:

In addition, I spent some time knitting up a Gwen-a-be hat for my sister as part of her birthday gift and waddya know, she loved it! Here she is with her new hat:

Isn't that big smile just pure joy to a knitter? It makes me feel like all the effort was worth it and also makes me proud :)
Some bubbly for the birthday girl courtesy of Canyon Creek. We all know how drunk she can get drinking just 1 champagne, lol!


Yawn! That's one sleepy kitty cat! But that's my baby, Leila!

So today is Halloween and I of course had to make a cute witch hat for my cat, Leila. Here's a pic of her in her new hat:

Leila, a little upset about the witch hat business that I've forced upon her.

So that's it for now. I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home