Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

August 26, 2005

Too Much to Do, Not Enough Time

Sorry, sorry, sorry for being such a bad blogger. I just realized that I've neglected to update my blog in 9 days, holy moley! But I have an excuse, actually a couple of excuses:
1. I've been looking for a new job practically this whole summer and finally some luck started rolling my way. I've had a few calls and a couple of interviews lately. So you wanna know if I got a new job right? Well, in fact, yes I did get a new job. Had my last interview yesterday with the company and I got hired practically on the spot. I have to submit my resignation tomorrow morning to give them my 2 weeks notice. Folks, I'm going to have my evenings and weekends free in 2 weeks, woohoo! I'm as happy as a pig in you-know-what about that because I've been working shifts for the last 3 years full time.
2. I decided to adopt a cat. Why buy a kitten from the pet store (for way too much money, I should add) when there are plenty of cats at the Humane Society waiting to get a nice home? So I fell in love with a black cat, Leila, with a heart of gold. She is the sweetest and one of the most affectionate cats that I have encountered. I just can't get enough of her...scratch that, I CAN get enough of her when she's being a brat or when she wakes me up way too early in the morning. But I'm her mommy now so I guess that's what I'd better get used to. I feel really good about adopting my cat because I've given her another chance at having a wonderful life. She's also 1 year old already so she's already well trained, which is a bonus for me. I was told that it's hard to get black adult cats adopted out...I guess people are superstitious or something, but my house hasn't blown up yet because of my new black cat.

So there you have my explanation for my tardiness in posting anything on the blog. Can you believe that I've been so busy lately that I probably haven't picked up my knitting needles in a few days? The last thing I knit was the catnip stuffed wonton from Knitty for Leila. However, she doesn't seem to be going crazy for catnip like I've heard they're supposed to. Oh well, at least it was a fast knit and I can always give the leftover catnip to my best friend's cats that love it.

The pal that I've been playing Secret Pal to for the last 3 months has received the final package that I sent to her and she's loving the goodies that I sent. I'm actually quite proud that I did such a good job with SP5 considering it was my first time. I just really wanted to knock her socks right off, no pun intended, with everything in the last mailing. Check it out at Knit Think to see what I sent her and what she thinks of everything. It's too bad I can't use her as a job reference, lol.

I can't believe that August is almost over! The entire month seems to have just passed right by. And omigosh, I just realized that I'm going to Panama in 3 1/2 weeks! I was counting 2 months the last time, where has the time gone? Anyways, I'll hopefully find more time to update this blog once things have settled down. In the meantime, I have to get to bed because I have to go quit my job tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home