Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

August 08, 2005

*slurp* I'm Drooling....

over Knit Picks yarns! They got a bunch of new yarns in and they are so gorgeous. But I've been eyeballing their Alpaca Cloud yarn for weeks now because I really want to make the Trellis Lace Scarf that they have in their suggested projects. I think the colourways Iris and Tide Pool are prettiest for the lace scarf. But I can't spend the money right now on 4 skeins PLUS shipping *sigh*. Even prettier yarn than that is their Shimmer yarn which has some silk in it. Yummy! I suppose I should submit a list of yarn to my husband for Christmas this year. Haha, I can't believe that I'm even thinking of Christmas right now seeing as how it's more than 4 months away. Alright, I've stopped looking at the yarn and wiped the drool. I must have more self control than this!

So now that I'm not drooling, I can now say that I'm probably about halfway done my Triangle felted bag. So far it's looking really good and I think it will felt and come to a much better shape than my Letter Have It. Plus the colours are going to be perfect for fall so I'm super duper excited about finishing it off. So the bikini bottoms are on the backburner for a few days until this bag is done. Still more than 1 month till I go to Panama so there's still time for me to finish it.

Onto even better news is that I've been hating my current job (in the IT field) for quite some time now and I've been itching to go back to school for something else but need to maintain a full time job and go to school part time. Anyways, I started looking for another job about over 2 months ago. First I went to an agency to help me find a position as an admin assistant. I've also been actively searching and applying to jobs on my own but haven't had any luck with the agency or my own search...until today. I got a call from a Head Hunter at another agency this morning and he told me about a position he has open for yet another IT job but it's finally a normal 9-5 job so I'm ecstatic about it. I have an interview tomorrow and if I get this job, I'm totally taking it. It's going to be really nice to finally get my weekends and weeknights back and not have to work shifts anymore. Ahhhh, things are finally going my way. This might call for another trip to Michigan for the September long weekend if I'm at a new job :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home