Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

August 16, 2005

My Car is Depriving Me of Yarn Money

I received news from my dad last night about the car thing. I'm getting everything the dealer recommended except for changing my brake pads, which according to my mechanic don't need to be done for another 3 months. So I braced myself just before my dad was going to tell me how much the bill should be...I thought I was literally going to have a heart attack over the kitchen sink (I was washing dishes when he called). But no, not a heart attack...a sigh of relief kinda. The damage will be $400 or less. So yes, this is valuable money that could have bought me all kinds of yarn! Would I however spend $400 in one shot on yarn? Probably not, but c'mon it would certainly be fun to drop that much money on yarn, yarn, yarn!

Guess what? I met a knitter yesterday! Of all places, I met them at work. I had my SnB on my table in the cafeteria yesterday at lunch and she immediately recognized it and started talking to me. What a small world huh? It's great fun to meet new people all through just the hobby of knitting. At least I got to work on my bikini bottoms at lunch though. I'm unsure of how they will turn out but I'm definitely seeing more coverage on them. I certainly hope they will fit me when I'm done. If not, what else is new? I'll frog them and start over. I'm using the bikini bottom pattern from the SnB Nation book and I'd just like to say that the instructions really suck! I got lost in some of it but kinda did what I felt was right to achieve the bottoms that are pictured in the book. I'll be diligently working on these bottoms as I'm half done them already.

I'm at work right now, obviously not working very hard, and I've been daydreaming about yarn all morning. I'm seriously drooling over Malabrigo yarns. The colourways are so pretty. I love Dusty Olive. I don't know what it is, but I love the combination of green and pink together. They just look so yummy when paired up! I'd really like to make the My So Called Scarf with Malabrigo yarn. Not to mention that Malabrigo is a much better deal than buying Manos cuz the scarf actually calls for 2 skeins of Manos but geez, that would run me about $40 CDN as opposed to $12 US for Malabrigo!

I just realized that we're mid-month already and SP5 is coming to an end :( I have to send out my last package to my pal and I hope that she loves it cuz I like it soooo much. I've been having such a great time with it and I want to participate in SP6 but not 100% sure I can because of all these darn unexpected expenses and plus there are lots of birthdays and Christmas will be coming up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, especially if my hubby gets a job with a different company that will pay him nicely :) Well I'm off to eat lunch now before my stomach starts eating itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home