Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

August 14, 2005

Introducing the Money Pit...

which is my car! It's a 1997 Acura 1.6 EL that's been serving me well and celebrating its 8th birthday but can I say how much I hate repairs? An innocent visit to the dealership to get the oil changed and the tires rotated turned into the unveiling of more repairs required. I, of course, declined their services and went on to call my dear daddy...to contact his mechanic. The dealership recommended the ABS brake fluid flush, transmission fluid flush, replacing the front brake pads, and replacing the outer CV boots. Ya, this stuff would have easily cost me $1000 or more at the dealership. Currently, my car's at the mechanic's getting the brake pads changed, which I saw was in fact necessary. So the mechanic's also going to check out the other things that the dealership recommended to verify if the stuff is in fact necesary at this point. Geez, the dealerships always make car repairs sound like it's life or death, like my car's going to explode the minute I drive the car away. So let's see what kind of bill the next few days will bring me...

So my knitting...I'm like practically done the Triangle bag but can you believe that I'm out of some yarn. I'm short less than 1/4 skein of Cascade 220. I'm so mad at myself for skimping out and not getting the extra skein of yarn, bought from Michigan. The pattern only called for about 240 yards of this colour. I thought that it would simply mean that I'd have to choose to make a flower decoration in a different colour, which was fine. But I couldn't finish one of the handles! I've now posted on the Knitter's Review forum to see if anyone has a bit of this that I can take off their hands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm expecting that I'll have to get another skein of this stuff *sigh*. I guess I'd better start looking for some of this yarn that might be on sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home