Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

September 03, 2005

Who's My Secret Pal?

I still don't know :( So I'm hoping that she's checking my blog still and if so, this is a shout out to her to contact me cuz I'm still dying to know who she is. Also, I'm a little concerned because I emailed her days ago and haven't heard back from her yet so I'm hoping that everything is okay and mostly, that she's okay. So ease my mind and drop me a line will ya? ;)

I finally finished my bikini bottoms, HOWEVER, for some reason the waistband on the front of the bottom is folding down. I see that it's not tight enough and because it's so loose, it's causing it to flop down. So I think I'll take the waistband apart on it and redo it, which shouldn't take long. My trip is in 2 weeks so I still have a little bit of time to do this, thank goodness. I'm in the process of making the One Skein Wonder using Patons Katrina. I'm really hoping that I'll have enough yarn for it but I'm starting to worry that I might be short some *sigh*.

Oh and this week I bought some Koigu KPPPM (ya I broke the yarn diet, but it's all Emilie's fault!). I've been dying to try the KPPPM so I bought 2 skeins for the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf. It's turning out beautifully and I love the way the KPPPM knits up. So I went back to get 2 more skeins that I'm going to use to make a scarf that's featured in the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying knitting with this yarn because usually I hate thinner yarns but this is definitely fun because it's turning out so pretty. So much yarn, so little time! I still have to make a scarf using the Blue Sky Alpaca that SP gave me last time because I'd love to wear it this winter. I wish I had 2 more arms so I could knit 2 things at once. Imagine that!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger - LisaD. said…

    Josephine,

    You must have made those magnets that you sent to Amy? They are so cool and very crafty. I bought the materials to put some together for myself, since I enjoyed them so much. Great idea....where ever did you get it?

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger craftygirl said…

    I am of course super late in answering this question, but I'm not sure how or why I even thought of these magnets. I ended up doing a Google search on the net and found this link and there are instructions on how to do it yourself - it's super easy :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home