Happy Chinese New Year!!!
Well there's not much going on with me except for Chinese New Year. I went out to the Chinese mall with my parents and hubby on Saturday and it was pretty busy with everyone busy buying seafood for their celebration dinners. We got some yummy BC crab and it was oh-so-delicious! So that leads me to what a wonderful dinner we had. My sister and her husband couldn't make it down for this Chinese New Year so I should have taken a picture of all the food for them but we didn't bring our camera. Hopefully they'll be able to make it next year.
In the knitting department, I haven't finished a single thing. I've been knitting what feels like is the never-ending vintage bolero. The yarn is fingering weight so it's just killing me in time knitting with such thin yarn. Worsted weight yarn is my friend and we get along much better because we agree that instant gratification is the way to go. Ya, I'll try to stay away from that thin yarn next time...unless of course it's a really kick butt type of project :) Oh my wonderful Knitty friend, Emily, gave me her Patons Katrina (that she couldn't find a use for) so that I could make the IK shrug with it so that's coming up soon! What a sweet girl huh?
Oh and now I think I'm having an allergic rashy reaction on my hand - yummy! Just kidding - about it being yummy, I really have a rash. Alright then, off to deal with this rash and to work on the vintage bolero...just 1 1/2 sleeves left to go, a bit of edging and all the seaming left to go and I'll be done!!!
In the knitting department, I haven't finished a single thing. I've been knitting what feels like is the never-ending vintage bolero. The yarn is fingering weight so it's just killing me in time knitting with such thin yarn. Worsted weight yarn is my friend and we get along much better because we agree that instant gratification is the way to go. Ya, I'll try to stay away from that thin yarn next time...unless of course it's a really kick butt type of project :) Oh my wonderful Knitty friend, Emily, gave me her Patons Katrina (that she couldn't find a use for) so that I could make the IK shrug with it so that's coming up soon! What a sweet girl huh?
Oh and now I think I'm having an allergic rashy reaction on my hand - yummy! Just kidding - about it being yummy, I really have a rash. Alright then, off to deal with this rash and to work on the vintage bolero...just 1 1/2 sleeves left to go, a bit of edging and all the seaming left to go and I'll be done!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home