Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

January 07, 2006

The World's Worst Blogger

I've decided that I must be the world's worst blogger. It's been ages since I've updated my blog. Yes, I'm lazy, I've just plain neglected to post anything on it for the last month and a half. In all honesty, I haven't even had that much time to knit so there's not that much progress here in Knittyville.

My sister-in-law is pregnant and hopefully due in around May/June. I've gotten a head start on things and really wanted to be able to say, I knitted a sweater AND seamed it. So I made this cute boatneck sweater from a Debbie Bliss pattern. Here's pics:




We don't know if it's going to be a girl or a boy until the baby is born, so I thought this pretty green would be suitable (I used Bernat Satin in Spring). Well it sure took a hell of a long time to seam this tiny sweater but it sure was good practice and I'm proud of myself. This sweater only took about a weekend to knit and then a night to seam it up. I'm going to attempt to make another sweater once I find a suitable pattern for the sportweight yarn that I bought. This time it'll be a yellow sweater.

SP6 is over and I'm still impatiently waiting for my last package to arrive. It's been almost 2 months since the package was sent so I'm not really expecting it to arrive anytime soon. I dunno, I guess I've just kind of lost hope on it by now. I've decided to skip out on SP7 this time around. I don't really feel like I have the time to put into shopping for yarn (have you noticed that I can't even find the time to update my blog, nevermind go shopping for yarn for someone else? Lol).

I've since become completely engrossed in PETA's website and have made myself very aware of some of the cruelty that's going on around us. There's the dog and cat fur trade that's going on in China. Yes, I'm completely embarrassed because this is going on in my dad's homeland. I'm grossed out by it and made the stupid mistake to watch the video because it's just so horrible and REAL. I was seriously distraught for a couple of weeks after watching it - I couldn't sleep that night and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks. Thinking about it makes me cry. Does that make me a crybaby? Maybe, maybe not, maybe I just have strong feelings about not wearing fur. Anyways, I'm also trying to gradually purge my home of bad chemical products and bodycare products that have been tested on animals. PETA has this great list of companies that do and don't test on animals. It's amazing what a little bit of awareness will do to you. I'm seeing that natural is the way to go - it promotes cruelty free products and it's also better for your own well being.

Lastly, I went to the Mazda dealership with my hubby this afternoon and I swear we were there for 3 hours - no joke! Initially I had wanted to get the Toyota Matrix but have since changed my mind and decided on the Mazda 3 Sport. So today both my hubby and I took the car for a test drive and WOW, what a great car to drive! Great car and great features too! We don't need the car until spring but we started talking numbers anyways. So we were able to talk them down quite a bit in price, had them throw in a hood deflector and winter mats, and they'll pay off the balance of the loan on my car (they estimated it should be around $4600 by now). It worked out really well so we put down some money on the car and they'll find the car in the Pearl White and have it there for me in April, as requested by me. I'm so super excited! Now I just need to learn to drive standard... I had a crash course 3 years ago so this is going to be interesting. Our salesperson said that he'll teach me to drive standard in April when I'll be getting my car. Great dealership at Hwy 401 & Dixie - their customer service stands out a lot compared with the crappy service that I received at the Erin Mills Mazda. Now I just hope April will come around quickly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home