A Green Thumb Too?!?
Yes, dammit, I like to garden! Perhaps that's why I've slacked a little bit in the knitting department *gasp!*. It's been so warm outside lately that I really don't want to sit inside knitting. And yes, I know that I can knit outside too but my house is brand new and we have no grass and they're doing lots of work outside and kicking up a LOT of dust. So I have no choice but to sit inside with the windows cracked open. Anywhoooo, since I'm still waiting for grass I've been doing some container gardening to make the house look more welcoming and colourful. Gardening's really relaxing for me and I can get a tan too :)
Okay, so I've finally found out who I get to shower with gifts for Secret Pal 5!!! I'm so excited that I finally have someone to shop for and get started with all the gifts. I'm still unsure of what to get for her...must do more research...oh and what else? yarn shopping? Teehee! I'm gonna be visiting my sister in Michigan soon so I might hit a couple of yarn stores and see what goodies I can find for me and my Pal.
So I've practically finished the Lelah Top and it's looking good! I still need to knit the straps on to turn it into a tank top instead of a tube top. Oh yes, and I might need to put the elastic into the top part just to keep it up a bit more and so that it doesn't stretch itself to death once I finally wear it in public. But I have to admit that by doing the Lelah Top I have become more confident in my knitting abilities :) I definitely want to try some more patterns with some simple lace work so that I can start knitting prettier things cuz lace really dresses things up (mind you I don't like tacky overdone lace).
Hey Secret Pal, I forgot to answer question 24 on the questionaire so I've added an answer for ya in case it helps you out at all :)
Okay, so I've finally found out who I get to shower with gifts for Secret Pal 5!!! I'm so excited that I finally have someone to shop for and get started with all the gifts. I'm still unsure of what to get for her...must do more research...oh and what else? yarn shopping? Teehee! I'm gonna be visiting my sister in Michigan soon so I might hit a couple of yarn stores and see what goodies I can find for me and my Pal.
So I've practically finished the Lelah Top and it's looking good! I still need to knit the straps on to turn it into a tank top instead of a tube top. Oh yes, and I might need to put the elastic into the top part just to keep it up a bit more and so that it doesn't stretch itself to death once I finally wear it in public. But I have to admit that by doing the Lelah Top I have become more confident in my knitting abilities :) I definitely want to try some more patterns with some simple lace work so that I can start knitting prettier things cuz lace really dresses things up (mind you I don't like tacky overdone lace).
Hey Secret Pal, I forgot to answer question 24 on the questionaire so I've added an answer for ya in case it helps you out at all :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home