Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

May 23, 2005

Kool-Aid is So Kool!

Over the weekend I started experimenting with Kool-Aid dying. It is soooo amazingly fun and I just love the results! I just so happen to have Patons Classic Wool on hand in white that was supposed to help make a pair of mittens. I figured that I was going to stripe the mitten anyways, I wouldn't need that much white. So I stripped the ball of yarn down to around 50 meters. I dyed 50 meters of yarn with Grape & Blue Moon Berry and boy-oh-boy does it look great! Then I got curious the next day and dyed 100 meters of yarn with Strawberry Starfruit (I think that's what it's called) & Lemon-Lime and that looks awesome too. Word to the wise - pink and green mixed together make a really barfy brown. This is just the start of my adventures in yarn dying and I can't wait to dye more yarn. I have 4 skeins of 100% Peruvian Wool from Knit Picks (in natural colour of course) waiting for me at my sister's house in Michigan. I'm dying to get my hands on that yarn and start dying it :)

I've started my Lelah Top and it's going quite well. It's my first attempt at lace and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well I'm doing. Although I must admit that I need to pay a lot more attention when doing the lace pattern otherwise I'll botch the whole thing up. I'm knitting this in just some cheap TLC Ultra Soft yarn in Country Blue that I got on clearance at Michael's for $2/skein. I've also decided to add a little more detailing to the top by knitting a border on both the top and bottom using Bernat Satin in Camel. Depending on how the top goes, I might add straps to it since I'd wear a tank top more often than a tube top. Well off to knit more of this top now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home