Newbie Knitter

Okay, I like to knit but I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to venture into knitting things other than scarves and mittens. I'll be sharing the progress of my projects and heck, anything else that's on my mind!

May 08, 2005

Going to Attempt a Sweater!

So I was going through my copies of Easy Knitting and stumbled on a pattern for a turtleneck sweater using TLC Essentials and I've decided to give it a go. The sweater looks pretty cute and if worse comes to worse and the project bombs, at least I haven't spent a lot of money on yarn. So far I'm still working on the back piece of the sweater and it's coming along very slowly. It's 80 stitches across the bottom in garter stitch so far and then stockinette stich so it's simple but time consuming. Depending on how diligently I work on this sweater, I might have it done within a month or something like that. I still need to get some DMC tapestry wool but not sure for the life of me where to buy it. I'm thinking of checking out Lewiscraft perhaps as I checked Michael's already and they don't have it. I didn't think it would be that hard to find. But I checked it out on the net and there are sooooo many different colours that it comes in so I love it and really wanna stick with it if I can.

The Mittens:
Okay, I'm done the wristwarmer part of the mittens but I still need to do the pop top. I have full intentions of doing the pop top, but I was using Naturally's angora yarn and I don't like knitting on DPN's with it. For some reason, every time I use DPN's with Naturally angora, the stitches get really big where each needle meets and it drives me nuts! On a side note, I ended up unravelling a hat that I knit using Naturally on DPN's so that I can use the yarn and knit the hat on a circular needle instead so that there are no yucky stitches. So I've got some Lamb's Pride in Orchid Twist on order and should be on its way soon. I'm going to use that for my pop tops instead and it should match the mittens quite well too. I can't wait to get it because I also have MORE Lamb's Pride coming with it...2 skeins aztec turquoise, 1 skein RPM, 1 skein supreme purple. All courtesy of Thread Bear Fiber Arts, who are oh-so-nice! They went so far as to match colours for me because I hadn't seen any of these in person and only on the computer screen. With these 4 skeins, I'm going to make the Buttonhole Bag. And duh, I just realized that I ordered 1 too many turquoise! Oh well, I'll just have to make something else with it! Good thing I like the colour, lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home