Secret Pal Questions Answered
I am very excited about being a part of Secret Pal 5. It's my first time joining and I hope it will be an awesome experience. I'm anxiously awaiting to find out who I will be showering with gifts this summer and should know within the next week, woohoo! Okay, here's some stuff to help my SP:
For you, my Secret Pal!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have to admit that I am a bit of a yarn snob *gasp!*. I have most certainly used TLC and Lion Brand yarns before but to me it’s nothing special. They’re great for projects that I might be a little iffy about and want to complete using cheaper yarns. I absolutely love natural fibre yarns!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don’t spin and I can’t really crochet either. My friend gave me a crash course in crochet not too long ago but I still don’t really have the hang of it…I prefer knitting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have plenty of allergies but not to the above. Mainly some fresh fruit, some veggies, and soy…no one’s going to send me that by mail are they?!?
4. How long have you been knitting?
I guess it’s been almost 2 years now but not quite. I mean, I started knitting one fall by making scarves and that was it. I dropped knitting again until last fall and then started up again and have not dropped it since.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Here it is.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I really like fruity stuff. My favourite stuff is from Bath & Body Works. Yummy! I really like mango and berries and such.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
DO I???? Do I ever!!! Mmmm…chocolate…
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Making jewelry is cool but I’m not super duper at it. I’ve made earrings before and since I’ve conquered that, I think I can tackle making some beaded stitch markers, no?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Oh I yo-yo between music. I like jazz, hip hop, R&B, pop, alternative…just about anything other than country music.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I really like purples, pinks, chartreuse, and blues. Love nice variegated colours :) I am not a big fan at all of RED.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 2 kids --> my guinea pig, Miso, and my hamster, Cashew!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to have a nice family with a couple of kids and finally find a good career (after going back to school of course!).
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I mostly prefer knitting with worsted weight yarns or even a tad thinner or thicker. I haven’t really tried lace and such but I find it scary because the thinner the yarn, the more stitches I have to knit! I have used Mission Falls 1824, Cherry Tree Hill (Lamb’s Pride worsted), Manos and Cascade 220 among some of them and find all of these are great.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t really like mohair because it makes me super itchy. Kid mohair is another story though because it is so soft. Not nuts about arcrylic either (out comes the yarn snob!).
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I really enjoy knitting on circular needles. I am completely hooked on the idea of making a knit bikini set (in particular, the tankini from the SnB Nation book. I’ve also recently been loving tank tops and tube tops! Oh yes, and I’m new to felting but loooooooove it!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Since I’m a newbie, I don’t have that much experience with knitting huge projects but I do like knitting mittens and hats. Scarves bore me a little because I’ve made a lot of them.
17. What are you knitting right now?
a sweater from Family Circle Easy Knitting, a scarf (yup I’m bored of it, I hasn’t been completed since winter!), mittens, and a hat.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
They ROCK! But I still have yet to make one
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo or plastic (Bryspun or Balene II)
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Nope, not yet.
22. How did you learn to knit?
Picked up a copy of Martha Stewart’s magazine with a couple pages about knitting and learned the basics with some assistance from my mom. From there, I bought a book called The Knitting Directory and learned from it and have since expanded my knitting book collection.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
If I had to guess I would say that it must be about 5-6 months old. I’m so pathetic because it’s only a scarf and shouldn’t take this long to finish!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I've always loved Winnie the Pooh. I still kinda like Hello Kitty and Badtz-Maru (from Sanrio).
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Does my birthday count? Okay, I really enjoy Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Maybe just a few foreign coins from places that I’ve been and I didn’t spend the money.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
*sigh* I have none. I really want to subscribe to Family Circle Easy Knitting though.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
See question #5 for my Amazon Wish List.
Rowan Magazine 37 (so cool, there are lots of cardigans and neat stuff)
Rowan Classic Holiday
For you, my Secret Pal!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have to admit that I am a bit of a yarn snob *gasp!*. I have most certainly used TLC and Lion Brand yarns before but to me it’s nothing special. They’re great for projects that I might be a little iffy about and want to complete using cheaper yarns. I absolutely love natural fibre yarns!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don’t spin and I can’t really crochet either. My friend gave me a crash course in crochet not too long ago but I still don’t really have the hang of it…I prefer knitting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have plenty of allergies but not to the above. Mainly some fresh fruit, some veggies, and soy…no one’s going to send me that by mail are they?!?
4. How long have you been knitting?
I guess it’s been almost 2 years now but not quite. I mean, I started knitting one fall by making scarves and that was it. I dropped knitting again until last fall and then started up again and have not dropped it since.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Here it is.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I really like fruity stuff. My favourite stuff is from Bath & Body Works. Yummy! I really like mango and berries and such.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
DO I???? Do I ever!!! Mmmm…chocolate…
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Making jewelry is cool but I’m not super duper at it. I’ve made earrings before and since I’ve conquered that, I think I can tackle making some beaded stitch markers, no?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Oh I yo-yo between music. I like jazz, hip hop, R&B, pop, alternative…just about anything other than country music.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I really like purples, pinks, chartreuse, and blues. Love nice variegated colours :) I am not a big fan at all of RED.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 2 kids --> my guinea pig, Miso, and my hamster, Cashew!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to have a nice family with a couple of kids and finally find a good career (after going back to school of course!).
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I mostly prefer knitting with worsted weight yarns or even a tad thinner or thicker. I haven’t really tried lace and such but I find it scary because the thinner the yarn, the more stitches I have to knit! I have used Mission Falls 1824, Cherry Tree Hill (Lamb’s Pride worsted), Manos and Cascade 220 among some of them and find all of these are great.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t really like mohair because it makes me super itchy. Kid mohair is another story though because it is so soft. Not nuts about arcrylic either (out comes the yarn snob!).
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I really enjoy knitting on circular needles. I am completely hooked on the idea of making a knit bikini set (in particular, the tankini from the SnB Nation book. I’ve also recently been loving tank tops and tube tops! Oh yes, and I’m new to felting but loooooooove it!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Since I’m a newbie, I don’t have that much experience with knitting huge projects but I do like knitting mittens and hats. Scarves bore me a little because I’ve made a lot of them.
17. What are you knitting right now?
a sweater from Family Circle Easy Knitting, a scarf (yup I’m bored of it, I hasn’t been completed since winter!), mittens, and a hat.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
They ROCK! But I still have yet to make one
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo or plastic (Bryspun or Balene II)
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Nope, not yet.
22. How did you learn to knit?
Picked up a copy of Martha Stewart’s magazine with a couple pages about knitting and learned the basics with some assistance from my mom. From there, I bought a book called The Knitting Directory and learned from it and have since expanded my knitting book collection.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
If I had to guess I would say that it must be about 5-6 months old. I’m so pathetic because it’s only a scarf and shouldn’t take this long to finish!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I've always loved Winnie the Pooh. I still kinda like Hello Kitty and Badtz-Maru (from Sanrio).
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Does my birthday count? Okay, I really enjoy Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Maybe just a few foreign coins from places that I’ve been and I didn’t spend the money.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
*sigh* I have none. I really want to subscribe to Family Circle Easy Knitting though.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
See question #5 for my Amazon Wish List.
Rowan Magazine 37 (so cool, there are lots of cardigans and neat stuff)
Rowan Classic Holiday


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home